This summer the Hawk Ridge Board of Directors met for the biannual strategic planning meeting. I enjoy this type of meeting, as it involves highlighting what’s working well for the organization, invites new ways of thinking, and helps build a plan for the future. We were all in agreement that our mission is strong and does not require change. However, we did tweak our vision and added values and goals. Here are some of those foundational pieces of our organization:
MISSION: The mission of Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory is to protect birds of prey and other migratory birds in the Western Lake Superior region through research, education, and stewardship.
VISION: Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory will be recognized as a leading and respected non-profit organization dedicated to the understanding and conservation of wild birds and the ecosystems that sustain them.
VALUES: Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory values:
- Birds – their beauty and their role in the natural world
- Knowledge – from science-based research
- Education – to inspire an appreciation of nature through birds
- Stewardship – of natural resources that sustain bird populations
- Hawk Ridge Nature Reserve – as a unique natural area for bird migration and other outdoor experiences.
We are looking forward to continuing our growth to further our mission. We value your input as our supporters and we welcome your feedback, questions, and ideas anytime. Please feel free to contact us at 218-428-6209 or at email@example.com.
|Hawk Ridge Nature Reserve is managed by Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory
with a trust agreement with the City of Duluth. Photo by Hawk Ridge Staff.